How to Apply
Study Abroad Application Procedures and Eligibility
Eligibility to Study Abroad:
- You must be at least a second semester freshman to apply
- You must have a minimum GPA of 3.0
- You must have no serious disciplinary or academic actions pending. All accepted applicants will be reviewed by the Student Life office for disciplinary clearance.
- Meet with the Study Abroad Advisor to learn more. The earlier you plan, the easier it is to accommodate a semester abroad in your academic career.
- Meet with your Academic Advisor. Discuss possible course options and obtain course approvals for the classes you plan to take abroad. You want to be sure that the courses abroad will fulfill your major, minor, elective, and/or college core requirements.
- Visit DUQ Abroad and apply ONLINE. Submit your DUQ Abroad online application and ALL supporting documents (see below) by the published deadlines. The International Programs Study Abroad Admissions Committee, which consists of Duquesne University faculty and staff, will review your application for approval to study abroad. You must be approved by the committee to study abroad in order to receive credit for your semester abroad.
- Apply to the University College Dublin. Once you have submitted your DUQ Abroad application to study abroad, you will also need to apply directly to UCD. The Study Abroad Advisor can assist you with this process and feel free to set up an 'UCD application meeting' once you have all your UCD application materials ready (see below).
Duquesne in Dublin Application Deadlines:
(If either of the deadlines fall on a weekend, submit materials by the Friday before)