An on-site Irish national will serve as a part-time Duquesne University Coordinator that will foster a sense of community among the Duquesne students studying there by:
- Planning weekend cultural excursions in Ireland, occasional social and cultural events in the Galway area
- Organizing a Welcome and Farewell dinner for the Duquesne students
- Serving as back-up support for Duquesne students
Ann Monahan is our current Coordinator. She has recently retired from her position in the International Students Office after over 20 years of service to the National University of Ireland Galway.
Before departing for Ireland, Ann will provide detailed information on:
- Arrival into Shannon airport; how to get to Galway and your accommodations
- Immigration procedures
- Practical info such as cell phones, what to pack, orientation info, etc
- how to reach her upon arrival with any problems or concerns
NUI Galway International Students Office
Provides advice, information, and support services, including a three-day on-site orientation to Galway and the university, as well as arranging interesting and varied social and cultural activities for all Visiting Students.