Preparing To Go
Congratulations! You have applied. This means:
You have a place reserved to study at the Italian Campus Program in Rome. You will only lose your place if:
- Your GPA falls below 2.75
- Your Residence Life record indicates a history of behavioral issues that would put you at risk abroad
Your grades will be reviewed at the close of each semester before departure, so work hard to keep your grades strong. In the same vein, be aware of your behaviors, especially with alcohol. Individuals who have trouble controlling their behaviors here at home are not ready to be in a foreign country for an extended period of time.
Deposited Students: Thank you for paying your deposit for your Italian Campus semester!
We are currently checking grades (participation in the Italian Campus program is always contingent on maintaining a minimum 2.75 GPA) and will submit your names to the Office of Student Life for disciplinary clearance very soon. Once we receive the clearances, you will be emailed again to walk you through the next steps you should take to prepare for Rome.
If you have not already done so, please take care of the following actions steps:
1) Log into the DORI Portal where you completed your Italian Campus application. Click the button confirming your intention to proceed.
2) Print out the Signature Verification form, sign it, and bring it to the Office of International Programs in 601 Union with a photocopy of your valid driver's license or current passport. Once we receive the Signature Verification form and check it off in the portal, you will then gain access to other required forms for studying abroad which are due back to us by the posted due dates. These are:
- Emergency Contacts form
- Participant Agreement (electronic signature)
- Insurance Certification (electronic signature but you should talk to your insurance issuer first to determine whether your coverage abroad is adequate to your needs
- Special Power of Attorney (must be printed and notarized - we can do this for free for you here at OIP if you bring a valid government issued photo ID such as passport and driver's license)
- Health Clearance form (must by signed by your Physician, so you may need a physical if you haven't had one recently)
- You can also sign your Italian Campus application electronically here (odd place in the process, I know, but it's a software thing!)
- You can complete an Italian Campus Housing Preference Questionnaire/request a particular roommate (we honor requests that are mutual).
- Upload your Health Insurance Card
- Upload your passport first page photocopy - IMPORTANT: Passport must be valid for at least 6 months beyond your anticipated return date from Italy or you will not be able to board the airplane for Italy. So apply for a first or new passport soon. It must also be signed.
3) Register for the 1- credit CLPR 350 class
Please feel free to contact Kim Szczypinski if you have questions
Here are a couple of important next steps regarding your Spring 2016 Italian Campus enrollment. We have completed grade and disciplinary checks, consequently I have marked you off in our database as "accepted" to the program. You may have noticed the automated email that indicated this change in status. (Remember, however, participation in the Italian Campus program is always contingent upon maintaining a minimum GPA of 2.75 and a good disciplinary record. We will check again at the end of this semester, so if you have any serious doubts about your ability to meet these two standards, don't buy your airplane ticket until you are sure you can as there is nothing we can do for you to recover the airfare from the airlines for you.)
Information on the following will be provided in your packets and at orientation:
- Making your travel arrangements
- Registering for classes
- Learning some Italian