Alcala, Spain with CIEE
University of Alcalá
Travel and study with students from U.S. institutions with the option to study with some local students.Third-party provider agreement through the Council for International Education and Exchange (CIEE), facilitated by Duquesne University’s OIP.
Business Spanish, economics, history, linguistics, marketing, social science, Spanish culture, Spanish history, Spanish language, humanities.
Language of Instruction
Spanish - Students are required to have a 3.0 GPA in most recent Spanish class;
- Fall applicants must have a minimum of 4 semesters of college-level Spanish or equivalent.
- Spring applicants must have a minimum of 5 semesters of college-level Spanish or equivalent.
Fall Semester: late August or early September to mid-December
Spring Semester: early January - late April
Housing and Meals
- Local host family - enjoy your meals at your place of residence.
- University residence - room with other Spanish or international students; receive a meal stipend for meals in University-run facilities or prepare your own.
- A native Spanish Resident Director is located in Alcalá to assist students with academic, administrative, and day-to-day matters.
- Orientation is conducted each semester to help students settle into their new environment.
- Students enrolled at the University of Alcalá are also able to participate in various university sports teams and other student activities sponsored by CIEE, the Institute, and the University.
- Diverse excursion and activities program with trips to various historical parts of Spain.
Estimated Costs (Category I Program)
|Tuition||Program Tuition + Fees, billing through Duquesne|
|Study Abroad Fee||$250|
|Airfare||Current costs as per your arrangement|
Scholarships available through CIEE.
For more info check out the CIEE program in Alcala.