Diplomas at Graduation
Diplomas are not automatically mailed to students upon graduation. You must visit the Graduation website, select the Diploma Distribution tab and complete the “Diploma Handling Instructions” to specify your preference for mail or pickup. If you prefer to have the diploma mailed, you must specify a mailing address. If you do not provide a diploma mailing address on the website, your diploma will be available for pickup in the Office of the Registrar . Please note that it takes several weeks to review each student's record individually for degree clearance. With that in mind, diplomas, both mail and pick-up, will be available on or after the dates specified below.
Diploma Release Dates:
December 2012 Graduates
January 28, 2013
May 2013 Graduates (Undergraduate and Graduate Students)
June 3, 2013
May 2013 Pharmacy School Graduates
June 20, 2013
Information regarding the release of diplomas:
- Your record must be free of all holds, and all financial obligations must be met before diplomas are released. You can check your holds in Self-Service Banner.
- You must present a photo ID to pick-up a diploma.
- Diplomas cannot be released to third-parties (including parents) without your written consent.
- The degree earned appears on the diploma.
- A final copy of your transcript will be included with your diploma.
- Law School Graduates should consult the Law School Registrar's Office for information on receiving their diplomas.
Graduates can order duplicate diplomas by submitting a completed Duplicate Diploma Request Form to the Office of the Registrar, along with a payment of $25. We accept cash, check, or money order (payable to Duquesne University) for payment, or you can pay by MasterCard, Visa, or Discover on the secure payment center.
If you cannot access the Request Form, you may prepare your own written request by submitting the necessary informaion* to the Office of the Registrar. We must receive your formal request, and we must receive the $25 fee before we can initiate production of your duplicate diploma. Please note that it takes approximately 3 weeks to have a diploma printed.
*Necessary information, if preparing your own written request for a duplicate diploma:
- The spelling of your name as you wish it to appear on the diploma (please print)
- The surname you had when you attended Duquesne (to help us locate your record)
- The degree earned
- The year of graduation
- A mailing address for the diploma
- Your signature