Duquesne University offices will be closed for the holidays beginning Wednesday, December 24, 2014 through Sunday, January 4, 2015. All transcript requests* and enrollment verification requests* received by 11:00am on Tuesday, December 23 will be processed the same day. All requests received after 11:00am will be processed when University offices re-open on January 5th. The last express mail shipment of 2014 will be sent from our office on Tuesday, December 23 at 11:00am. The first express mail shipment of 2015 will be sent on Monday, January 5, 2015.
When we re-open on Monday, January 5, 2015, the processing of requests will resume. We will have a large volume of requests to sort and process, so we ask for your patience as we fill the requests. Please avoid calling the office on Monday, January 5, if possible, so that we can fulfill the requests as quickly as possible. Processing time will be extended to 2-4 business days during the first week of the year.
Degree verification is handled online at www.degreeverify.org year-round. Transcript requests for current students can also be submitted through DORI and Self-Service Banner. Former students can fax transcript requests to our office in our absence.
Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy the holidays.
*Requests will be completed provided that the student transcript data resides in our student system and not just as hard-copy. Other provisions include the receipt of signed requests and that there are no issues involved that would prohibit timely processing.
Information regarding the release of transcripts:
Transcripts may not be ordered over the phone, through an email request*, or by a third party.
- All Duquesne University financial obligations must be met before official transcripts are released.
- Processing takes 1 to 2 business days (or longer during peak periods of final exams and graduation).
- There is no charge for transcripts.
- You must present a photo ID to pick-up a transcript.
- Transcripts will not be released to a third-party without the student's written consent.
- Express mail delivery of transcripts is available by paying the postage costs. Please see below for more information on express mail delivery options.
- We cannot be responsible for non-receipt of transcript requests or non-delivery by the postal service.
- Students should contact their program office to request transcripts for Continuing Education programs: Financial Planning, Paralegal Studies and Professional Coaching.
*Scanned, authorized (signed) request forms may be emailed.