Graduate Student Health Insurance
Ph.D. Student Health Insurance 50% Discount Eligibility Requirements and Process
Ph.D. students in the following programs are now eligible for a 50% discount of the single coverage student health insurance:
- Ph.D. Chemistry
- Ph.D. Clinical Psychology
- Ph.D. Healthcare Ethics
- Ph.D. Philosophy
- Ph.D. Rhetoric
- Ph.D. School Psychology
- Student must be actively enrolled and registered for classes by the add/drop date each semester in one of the above Ph.D. programs during the semester being billed for the student health insurance.
- Student must be actively enrolled in Duquesne's student health insurance plan by the add/drop date in fall or spring term.
- The deadline for enrollment is the add/drop date each term.
- The fall 2013 deadline is August 30, 2013.
- The spring 2014 deadline is January 14, 2014.
- Students applying after this date will not be eligible. Discounts will not be applied if enrolled after these dates.
- The 50% discount is equal to 50% of the single coverage only and is a flat amount. If an eligible student enrolls in a different coverage option, they are eligible for a discount equal to 50% of the single coverage option only (flat amount), not 50% of the other selected option.
- Students do not need to be a graduate assistant or employed by the University to be eligible for the discount. Students only need to meet the eligibility requirements.
- Only the Ph.D. programs listed in the eligibility requirements are eligible for the 50% discount which is equal to 50% of the single coverage only. All other Ph.D. students are permitted to enroll in the student health insurance provided by Duquesne at the regular stated purchase price.
- Active enrollment is defined as:
- Students taking classes for credit and being billed for those credits by the add/drop date each semester
- Continuous registration students enrolled and billed the appropriate continuous registration fee by the add/drop date
- Students are required to enroll in the student health insurance plan in each semester they want coverage by the add/drop date each semester.
- The eligible student does not need to fill out any additional paperwork related to the 50% discount-only what is required to enroll in the student health insurance.
- Details regarding pricing, coverage and how to enroll are available on the student health insurance page or by contacting the Office of Risk Management at ext. 6677. The 50% discount will not be reflected in this pricing on the website, as it is the regular rate for all students.