At Duquesne University, we believe it is important to assist and reach out to international students who are considering coming for their education. Ours is a community where people from around the world are welcomed, adding to the diversity and richness of the student's experience to grow academically, socially and spiritually. As a Duquesne student, you will learn with students from all cultural, socioeconomic, and religious backgrounds from more than 80 countries. If you are interested in attending Duquesne and are a non-US citizen, make the Office of International Programs your first point of contact! We look forward to serving you as you explore your opportunities at Duquesne!
Study Guide to the States Website - The U.S.Goverment has created a helpful website about studying in the United States
English as a Second Language - Please visit their page for more information.
- The program is intended for students interested in improving English language skills in preparation for a university degree without applying for an academic acceptance.
U.S. News & World Report
- Ranked us as a first-tier national university: 120th out of 1,400 schools.
- Placed Duquesne among the top 100 undergraduate schools according to guidance counselors from the 1,700 best high schools.
- Listed Duquesne in the 100 "Most Popular" colleges and universities according to the students themselves.
The Princeton Review
- Ranked Duquesne's undergraduate programs in the top 373 out of more than 2,500 colleges and universities. They called us "cosmopolitan yet caring."
- Listed Duquesne among its top 75 universities nationwide, based on our contributions to the public good.
Videos about being an International Student at Duquesne:
Visit our Youtube page
- A unique undergraduate admission policy that allows students to apply without a TOEFL score. Students are evaluated based on their academic merit, not on their English ability.
- Located overlooking the ideal study city of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. The campus is self-contained and only a five minute walk from downtown.Dedicated Office of International Programs to assist students through the application and new student process.
- All International students are considered for a merit-based scholarship.
- Ranked #119 among National Universities (US News), the #43 Best Value School in the nation (US News), and is among the "The Best 376 Colleges" in the nation (US News - Duquesne University is a religious institution, though there are no requirements placed on students.