A Cultural Ambassador is a member of the Duquesne community who represents our campus and local Pittsburgh community to prospective, new and current international students.
These are just some of the important student life questions that may be going through your head right now!
- What is the food like at Duquesne?
- How is dormitory life?
- Is Pittsburgh a nice city to live in?
- What are classes like?
Once you are accepted to Duquesne University, we will contact you with the name and email address of a Cultural Ambassador. We try to match you with someone from the same major, language, or country. The Cultural Ambassador will reach out to you with an introductory email and if you have any questions you are free to respond to them!
You should be automatically matched, but if you do not receive notification of your Cultural Ambassador's name, please contact our office. If you need additional information or would like to speak to a specific Ambassador, let us know.
Most of our Ambassadors have been there themselves - they've landed in a foreign country, learned a new language, studied in a foreign class or tried to find a bus stop in a foreign land. They know what you may be experiencing and they want to help you along the way!
Some of the services provided by Cultural Ambassadors:
- Answering your inquiries about student life at Duquesne
- Assisting with International Student Orientation in the Fall, Spring and Summer that you will attend
- Collecting new international students from the airport
- Mentoring new international students once on campus
- Entertaining new international students with a meal at home