Veteran and Military Services
Some part of you always knew that you wanted to serve a cause greater than yourself. You've always understood that the context in which each of us lives is as important as what we do and why we do it. At Duquesne University, we understand that, too. We know that the values behind our programs are an important reason people choose to study with us rather than somewhere else. Those shared values are at the core of the programs we have designed specifically for members of the military. And it's why the entire Duquesne family works so hard to serve those who serve.
If pursuing your education at a university that respects who you are and what you do is important to you, keep reading to see how our programs have what you're looking for.
Duquesne University is proud of its commitment to veterans and military service members who have served, and continue to serve this great nation. We remain dedicated to our mission that will nourish the mind, mend the heart and rejuvenate the spirit.
Serving military students at installations in the United States and abroad, Duquesne proudly serves those who serve. We have experience with a variety of the scenarios you will face while fulfilling your commitment.
A wide array of academic programs and services make Duquesne University more than simply military-friendly. There are a variety of degree options for you to consider, both on campus and online.
Learn how veterans and their families can get tuition waivers for all degree programs. These Veterans Services are available through the University Registrar.
"At Duquesne, we have a dedicated team that offers personalized service to each of the approximately 350 military and veteran students, ensuring a smooth transition from your first inquiry, through the application and registration process and throughout your time as a student.
The concept of others before self has served as our motto while we were in. Now it's time to place yourself first. Take the first step and inquire, then let us serve you." -- Don Accamando, Director of Military Education
Don Accamando,Lt Col USAF retired
- Advisors, faculty and staff who have experience working with military personnel
- Military tuition program (Duquesne is a Yellow Ribbon program participant)
- Opportunities to earn credits through CLEP, DANTES and more
- DANTES participating programs (member of SOC and ConAP)
- Duquesne University participates in the Post-9/11 GI Bill and Yellow Ribbon Program.
- Eligible veterans can receive a tuition waiver from Duquesne. Combined with additional financial assistance from the VA, this allows veterans (and in some cases family members) to study tuition-free as an undergraduate or graduate student.
Duquesne University Distinction
- GI Jobs and Military Advanced Education magazines named the School of Leadership a 2012 Military Friendly School.
- In addition, the Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching has recognized Duquesne University for outstanding commitment to community engagement.
- Read about some distinguished Duquesne alumni.
Duquesne University is regionally accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools (3624 Market Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104; 267-284-5000).
For more information, please contact Don Accamando, Director of Military Programs at firstname.lastname@example.org.