In order to apply for admission as a transfer student to Duquesne University, the following items must be submitted:
- An Application for Admission
- A Duquesne Transfer Form from all previous colleges attended
- Official, final high school transcripts and/or G.E.D. scores
- Official transcripts from all previous colleges attended
- SAT and/or ACT scores (waived if you've been out of high school for 5 or more years, or if you've earned an Associates Degree
- Letter of recommendation, or recommendation form
Requirements: Grade Averages
- 3.0 GPA for Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy, Speech Language Pathology, Forensic Science, Pharmacy, RN-BSN, and Education
- 2.75 GPA for Health Management Systems and Athletic Training
- 2.5 GPA for all other majors
- Only classes with a "C" grade or higher may be considered for transfer.
School of Music
- Auditions are required for School of Music applicants
School of Nursing
- Interviews are required for transfer students applying to the School of Nursing
School of Nursing RN-BSN
- The $50 application fee is waived for RN-BSN applicants
- 3.0 GPA is required
- Interviews are NOT required for RN-BSN applicants
School of Pharmacy
- Official college transcripts from all previous colleges/universities you have attended. Transcripts must be sent directly from the institution - - even if they are marked "official" and are sealed, they must come directly from colleges/universities;
- Official PCAT scores sent directly from the testing service. You may arrange for scores to be sent by visiting their website, www.PCATweb.info;
Please arrange for all documents to be mailed to:
The Mylan School of Pharmacy
Transfer Pharm.D. Admission Committee
304 Bayer Learning Center
600 Forbes Ave.
Pittsburgh, PA 15282
Please keep in mind that transfer admission to the Doctor of Pharmacy program is on a "space available" basis, and highly competitive. Please consult our website to make sure you qualify for this program.
We will begin a review of applications in November/December, and begin making offers to interview to qualified applicants for February/March. We may contact you with questions, etc., regarding the courses you took, or other information from your academic profile, should the need arise. On occasion, we may also ask for a course syllabus if there is a question of course equivalency.