Early Admissions Program
Although Duquesne University believes that most students benefit from four years in high school, Early Admission is open to outstanding students who desire a true academic challenge.
Certain candidates may qualify to begin their university studies after their junior year, prior to high school graduation.
They will receive a high school diploma following the successful completion of their freshman year at Duquesne.
Applicants for Early Admission must:
- Be in the top ten percent of their class
- Maintain a grade point average of 3.5 or higher
- Achieve a minimum 1200 SAT score (critical reading and math only) or 26 ACT score
- Complete a paper application, an essay and an interview
- Get written approval from their high school principal including an outline of the courses needed to receive the high school diploma
- Have parental or guardian permission to reside on campus (for applicants under the age of 18)
- Must meet with the Admission Committee for a formal interview