- A course that meet on campus for one-three hours of class per week during the Spring semester.
- The early weeks of study preceding Spring Break will prepare students to take full advantage of the week at the international site.
- Upon returning from Spring Break abroad, class will continue and include a research project or paper based upon the international experience.
Begin the Thinking
There are many things to consider if you’re thinking about designing and teaching a Spring semester course with an embedded and well integrated study trip with 15-20 students in tow. Next steps and considerations:
- A good planning horizon is 18months – 2 years in advance. Consider the Development Calendar
- Brainstorming with Dr. Jean Anne Hattler (x6578) in the OIP or Dr. Roberta C. Aronson (x1818)
- Brainstorm with colleagues who have done this
- Do some Preliminary Research on possible Destinations/Sites and Courses