Within a very short time, your Academic Advisor will become your “best friend.” Our comprehensive advising services in the School of Leadership and Professional Advancement are crucial to your success. Consistent with the University’s mission, your advisor will help you maximize your success by providing guidance as you identify and work towards your academic and career goals.
Responsibilities of your Academic Advisor…
- Understand the challenges you face as an adult learner returning to school while juggling a career, family and other responsibilities.
- Provide encouragement to help you grow as a student and a professional.
- Ensure complete confidentiality.
- Guide you through your undergraduate academic journey by monitoring and maintaining accurate academic records as you progress towards your degree completion.
- Connect you with support services that are available throughout the University.
- Assist you with choosing and registering for classes each term that will meet your degree requirements.
- Serve as a liaison between you and the SLPA faculty.
Your Responsibilities as a Student…
- Stay connected and keep the lines of communication open. Your advisor can’t help, if they don’t know that there is a problem.
- Know the requirements of your degree and adhere to University policies and procedures.
- Work closely with your advisor as you plan your registration each semester.
- Pay attention to deadlines!
- Check your Duquesne email regularly. This is how we communicate all of our important announcements and information.
- If you are an on campus student – attend class and be on time. If you are an online student – post to the discussion board on a regular basis and don’t fall behind.
- Enjoy your time as a Duquesne University undergraduate student.