We encourage our graduate students to participate in scholarly discourse outside of the classroom through both national and international conference presentations. The Dean's Office within the McAnulty College and Graduate School of Liberal Arts can provide a portion of funding for one conference paper presentation per year for interested graduate students, a wonderful incentive for our students to share their research within the greater academic community.
If you have been accepted to present a scholarly paper at a conference and would like to request/receive funding, please follow these steps:
1. At least one month prior to the conference date, submit the Request for Graduate Student Conference Funding form to Ms. Jane Gardner, Assistant to the Dean, in COLH 211A.
- If the Dean's Office approves you for conference funding, you will be notified via email by the Department of History's Administrative Assistant and will be told how much funding you have recieved. You will typically be notified of this information within a week of submitting your funding request form to Ms. Jane Gardner.
2. Once you have been confirmed to receive funding for your conference, you may accept your conference invitation and make your hotel and travel arrangements. Keep ALL receipts for conference registration fees, mileage, tolls, airfare, and accomodations.
3. Upon return from you conference, submit all receipts to the Department of History's Administrative Assistant. She will then fill out the appropriate paperwork and send everything to the Dean's Office for your reimbursement.
- Remibursement may take up to 4 weeks, but typically arrives in the form of a check within 2 weeks.
- The Department of History's Administrative Assistant will email you when your reimbursement arrives.