The College of Liberal Arts and the Career Services Center invite you to participate in Pursuing Purpose.
What is Pursuing Purpose?
Pursuing Purpose is a voluntary co-curricular program in the McAnulty College of Liberal Arts. The program offers students a set of ten career, professional, disciplinary and experiential learning activities leading to a Certificate of Completion.
Why should I enroll?
Pursuing Purpose will help you integrate your classroom studies and your career exploration with your aspirations to contribute to our world.
What is involved?
You may complete the ten activities for the Certificate at any time, in any order, before graduation. You can begin at any time and opt out at any time.
- Attend a Be Bold, Be You retreat (annual spring one-day retreat to help you discern your life's direction and calling).
- Meet with your career counselor, Dr. Coralyn McCauley, who will help you explore careers and majors, create your resume, find internships, etc.
- Attend a College of Liberal Arts event (e.g., conference, symposium, outside speaker) sponsored by an academic department or the College that relates to your major or potential career interests.
- Upload your resume to Career Services' DuqConnection, which posts internships and jobs.
- Attend a Career Fair (e.g., Duquesne's Job and Internship Fair, Non-profit Career Fair, etc.).
- Participate in five additional Career Services activities.
How do I get started?
Sign up for Pursuing Purpose by checking the box below. Your career counselor, Dr. Coralyn McCauley, at Career Services will be in touch with you to help you get started. If you have questions, please send her e-mail or call her at 412-396-6644.