- Good interpersonal skills.
- the ability to accept supervision.
- A desire to help others succeed.
- Maturity and professional demeanor.
- Subject area competence.
The Interview and Selection Process
Becoming a tutor requires screening interviews and training. Here is the process:
- The Employment Overview - A brief presentation about tutoring.
- Pre-Screening Interview - Discuss your qualifications for and interest in becoming a Learning Skills Center tutor.
- Prospective Tutor Seminar - An in-depth presentation about the tutoring program. Emphases will be on job responsibilities and the Tutor Handbook.
- The Course Selection - Identify the specific courses and subjects in which you want to tutor.
- Final Interview - Meet with the Assistant Director to review your qualifications and interests and sign your employment contract.
Training to be a tutor