Research Accounting provides support to principal investigators and University administrators with the post-award management of grants and contracts. This includes ensuring compliance with federal regulations and requirements set forth by sponsoring agencies.
See the Sponsored Research Policy on Travel and Entertainment for more information.
Our mission is to provide exceptional service to the University community, as well as, external representatives of federal and non-federal sponsoring agencies. Working in tandem with the Office of Research we provide timely and accurate grant reporting and assistance to University employees.
Overview of Services Provided
- Banner set-up for new awards after documentation is received from the awarding agency by the Office of Research.
- Set up of Budget in Banner once the Duquesne University Grant Award Notice is distributed by the Office of Research.
- Timely and Accurate post-award accounting. Post budget transfers to grant funds upon request.
- Review and authorize scheduled payroll authorizations, personnel requisitions and employee contracts to ensure adequate budget exists prior to Human Resources processing the payments.
- Invoice agencies and/or subcontractors for reimbursement of grant expenditures.
- Prepare interim and final financial reports according to grant agreement specifications.
- Facilitating Time and Effort Certification on an annual basis.