To qualify for the coverage:
- You must have a credit limit of $2,000 or more on your P-Card.
- The entire rental transaction should be paid with your P-Card. If the rental agency requires a security deposit, it should also be paid with your P-Card.
- Decline the insurance offered by the rental agency.
- You (the cardholder) must rent the vehicle in your own name and sign the car rental contract. Coverage does not apply if you pay for someone else to rent the vehicle or if you rent it with your personal credit card and then get reimbursed from the University.
- Coverage begins when you pick up the vehicle and ends when you return it, limited to a maximum 31 consecutive day rental period.
Who is covered?
The P-Card holder.
If others will be driving the rental vehicle, they must be designated in the vehicle rental contract as other drivers.
Which vehicles are covered?
- Most, including all minivans and sport utility vehicles, that are designed to accommodate nine passengers or less.
- All accidents are still to be reported to Genny Hughes as soon has possible so that she may file the claim.
- If you have any questions or comments, Genny can be reached by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or phone at x6677.