Confront the Harasser
Tell him/her to stop because the behavior is offensive. Depending on the offensive behavior, say things like:
- “That is offensive. Please stop.”
- “Staring at me makes me uncomfortable. Please don’t do it again.
- “Please call me by my name, not “Babe’”.
Most people will stop inappropriate behavior when it’s called to their attention, so act swiftly.
Keep Accurate Records of the Incidents
- What happened? Where? When?
- Who witnessed the incident?
- Talk to a friend, relative, counselor, pastor.
- Seek the advice of the Affirmative Action Officer.
Sexual Harassment Prevention Training Course Guide