Before disclosing student information to any third-party, Duquesne staff and faculty must check on the student’s FERPA responses. You must review if the student has waived his or her privacy rights and if they’ve requested non-disclosure of directory information.
Previously, these waivers and requests for nondisclosure had been collected on paper and filed in students' file folders.
- After July 1, 2010, we are no longer accepting paper waivers.
- Students must now use Self-Service Banner to record these notifications.
- Students have until October 1, 2010, to transition anything that had been recorded on paper into the Banner system.
Between July 1 and Oct. 1, 2010, the same information may exist in two formats. So employees must check both Banner and paper files before releasing information.
Accessing Student Responses in Banner
All employees can access student responses in the Banner system.
If you are not already in DORI, login with your MultiPass.
- Click on Self-Service Banner.
- If Faculty or Advisor, click on Faculty/Advisor menu then click either Faculty or Advisor. If neither, click on Employee menu.
(Or go directly to the Employee menu from this page)
- Click on “Display Student FERPA Results”
- Enter the student’s first and last names and click Submit.
Review these guides for more detailed instructions on accessing and interpreting student responses.
* If you are a Banner Self-Service (SSB) user:
Quick Guide to Viewing Student FERPA Waiver and Nondisclosure Responses in Self-Service Banner (SSB)
Detailed Instructions for Viewing Student FERPA Waiver and Nondisclosure Responses in Self-Service Banner (SSB)