When you next log in to DORI, take a minute to complete the New Student Activities Survey (if you haven't already done so.)
There's a lot to do to get ready to start at Duquesne. Here's information on the programs and services for new undergraduate students.
Remember, the Office of Freshman Development and Special Student Services is ready to assist you and your family in your transition into the University. Contact us if you need help.
Special Preview Dates
- Freshman Advisement Summer Transition (FAST): July 10 to 13, 2012
- International Student Orientation: Mid-August 2012
- New Student Orientation: August 22 to 26, 2012
- Commuter Pre-Orientation: August 21, 2012
- Multicultural Affairs: Pre-Orientation: August 21 and 22, 2012
Have to Do (before classes start)
- Complete your health history forms
- Find out who your advisor is
- Confirm your health insurance coverage
- Get your DU Card
- Register for Emergency Alert voice messages
- Get connected with e-mail and the Internet
- Set up your account to pay tuition bills
- Plan to move in (for resident students)
- Get a parking permit (for commuter students)
Smart to Do
- Sign up for University Success courses
- Get a bank account on campus
- Order your books online or visit the DU Bookstore
- Purchase your computer and technology from the Duquesne Computer Store
- Sign up for meal plans
- Visit Gumberg Library and take the Challenge Exam.
- Program 412.396.COPS (2677) in your cell phone for on-campus emergencies
- Complete the Sexual Violence Awareness program to comply with federal regulations for colleges.