All full-time undergraduate and graduate students and all international students must be covered under acceptable health insurance. Review the insurance options.
- Students without any medical insurance or without adequate medical insurance are required to purchase one of two student health insurance plans offered by Duquesne University.
- Students covered by their own or their parents’ health insurance plans must provide proof of coverage comparable to the University standard student health plan and must complete an online waiver of the University plan. This is called a “Hard Waiver.”
- International students covered by their own or their parents' health insurance plans must also confirm that the insurance company pays claims in U.S. dollars and has a U.S.-based claims processing center
Comparable Student Insurance to be Accepted
The following conditions are required:
- The policy must not exclude pre-existing conditions.
- The policy must pay providers directly.
- The policy must have mental health coverage.