Should I attend?
Each session cohort will consist of approximately 20 support employees who:
- Hold full-time administrative support positions such as Office Assistant III-IV, Senior Secretary, Administrative Secretary, Administrative Assistant, Administrative Assistant II, or other comparable positions.
- Perform a variety of duties, such as meeting and event planning, directing the work of students or other support employees, responsible for purchasing, accounts payable, office correspondence, and providing customer service. Individuals may also assist in budget development or project management.
- Have desire to further develop their skills and abilities and are willing to be active participants in the entire program.
- Can commit SEVEN, WEEKLY, half-days of their work schedules per week to attend the program.
How Do I Register?
If you or a support employee in your department fits the above criteria, and can fulfill the time and budget commitments as stated, please complete the SPDP Registration Form.
- Registration forms should be returned to Joyce Valent, Training and Development, 204 Fisher Hall, or fax to 412.396.5507. Forms must be received no later than two weeks prior to the first workshop date of the program.
Those registered will be notified and more details will be provided about two weeks before the first workshop. Please call 412.396.5774 with any questions. Individuals will be accepted on a first come, first served basis.
There will be a fee per participant in the program that covers the cost of the presenters and materials provided. This is similar to the fee structure for the managerial series, "Power of Leadership Program."
A Banner budget number for the fee should be provided on the registration form, along with the attendee's supervisory and bugetary signature of approval.
View the SPDP Current Schedule and Brochure