Medical and Nursing Services
We at Duquesne University Health Service, advocate the provision of competent, confidential and compassionate health care to all full time undergraduate and graduate students for the education of the mind, heart, and spirit. We are committed to creating an environment that encourages students to take responsibility for their personal health, fitness, and education through the promotion of healthy lifestyles and disease prevention. We embrace diversity, uphold the University Mission to Serve God by Serving Students, and strive to identify and address individual student needs. Our role within the University will enable students to participate fully in their educational process, as well as prepare them for life beyond, as health minded educated consumers of health care, in society.
We are committed to our mission, to collaborate and cooperate with other departments throughout the University community in a shared initiative for the advancement of well-being, acknowledging and integrating the seven dimensions of wellness; spiritual, emotional, intellectual, occupational, physical, social, and environmental.
The Health Service provides students with:
- Routine medical care; evaluation and treatment of illness and injury
- Allergy injections administered when ordered by personal physician. (Subject to review & approval by DUHS staff physician) Students must provide serum & instructions. Nominal fee per semester.
- Health & well-being consultation with appropriate referral as necessary
- Routine physical exams
- Acute primary care
- Routine well-woman care and well-male care
- Nutritional consultations
- Starter doses provided at minimum cost.
- Collaboration with the Duquesne University School of Pharmacy's Center for Pharmacy Services for prescriptions delivered on campus (accepts most major insurance plans). Prescriptions may also be filled and picked up at a local pharmacy.
Using Health Services
- Enrolled students may access Duquesne University Health Service information through DORI (Under Student Resources)
- Enrolled students with established DORI account may submit University required Health History & Immunizations through Health Service Student Portal:Instructions
- Please call 412.396.1650 for an appointment for all services except emergencies
- Emergency Care/After Hours Care - Call Public Safety (Campus Police) 412.396.2677 (COPS) or click here for more information.
- Find us on the second floor, Duquesne Union
- Walk-ins are seen at the first opening in the schedule
- RN available for advice and triage of phone calls and visits to Health Service
- The content of email sent to DUHS is confidential and is limited to the submission medical documents to Duquesne University Health Service, and is not to be used for personal information, advice, or appointment scheduling. Please call Duquesne University Health Service at 412-396-1650 to schedule an appointment or speak with a staff member.
You may email the health service general email box for non-confidential communication at: email@example.com
Follow us on Twitter: @DUQHealthServ