Please join Spiritan Campus Ministry for our monthly reflection luncheons. Below is basic information on each luncheon and RSVP information.
The following events are open to all Duquesne faculty, staff, administrators, and alums. Please RSVP for each event with Mary-Beth Calorie at firstname.lastname@example.org or x6020.
Libermann Luncheons for the Fall Semester
Spiritan Campus Ministry is happy to continue offering the monthly Libermann Luncheons. All luncheons are held in the Africa Room and begin at noon. The dates and a brief description of the fall semester luncheons are as follows:
· Tuesday, September 20th in collaboration with Alumni Relations our speaker is alum Teresa Madden Harrold and she will reflect on "Teaching as an Act of Justice". A service component is added to this offering. We are suggesting attendees to donate items to the school which Tess instructs.
· Wednesday, October 5th as part of the Division of Mission and Identity's Heritage week campaign we are hosting a birthday luncheon. Happy Birthday Duquesne University! Our speaker will be Archivist Tom White and he will give us history of the University.
· Tuesday, November 8th will be our luncheon focusing on food insecurity. The speaker and service option will be announced at a later date.
· Wednesday, November 30th will be our luncheon focusing on fair trade and dignity of work. The speaker will be announced at a later date.
Service Libermann Luncheon
Date: Tuesday, November 17th, 2015
Place: Africa Room
We will host our first Libermann Luncheon on Tuesday, September 20th at noon in the Africa Room. In collaboration with Alumni ‘s Homecoming festivities we are offering alum Teresa Madden Harrold (BA'07, MsEd '14) as our speaker. Her topic is "Teaching as an Act of Justice".
Tess has been teaching in inner-city schools since 2007. From working with Teach for America in Philadelphia to the Pittsburgh City school system, her passion for working with students on the margins remains central to her work. Tess will reflect on how her faith and time at Duquesne helped to craft her approach to teaching.
The service component of this offering is a request of attendees to consider donating school supplies from the list below. These much needed supplies will be donated to Taylor Allderdice High school, where Tess teaches.
· Pocket Folders
· Colored pencils
· poster paper
· multi-colored post-its
· 3 ring binders
· Biology Lab equipment (beakers, graduated cylinders, flasks)
· Aquarium kit
· Fans (no AC in our building = not conducive to learning!)
· Non-perishable snacks (crackers, snack bars, etc)
If you are able to donate you can bring your donation to the luncheon.
Please reply to this email by September 16th if you are able to join us.