Walk into Fitness with the Walking Dukes
Your main goal as a "Walking Duke" is to increase your cardiovascular stamina by taking a total of 10,000 steps each day. Our main goal, at the Power Recreation Center, is to give you the information and tools you need to make your goal easier to achieve.
Your cardiovascular stamina affects your physical health, mental health, and quality of life. It is easy to fall into a sedentary routine, with the stresses and daily challenges of life. Making healthy choices and taking time to do something good for yourself can, in many ways, make your time at work more effective and your time with family and friends more enjoyable.
- Download your application form from the link provided below. Return your completed form to Amber Lasure, Assistant Director of Recreation, Power Center, Room 210 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Record your steps/miles ONLINE using MyStart from the American Heart Association OR BY HAND using the Walking Dukes Log below.
- Earn prizes for reaching milestones of 500,000; 1,000,000; and 1,500,000 steps!
- Look for your own Walking Dukes blackboard page soon with information, resources, and networking.
Where and When?
- There are no meetings or assigned groups. Find YOUR best way to take 10,000 steps each day.
- Walk with a group of colleagues or find new walking partners through the Walking Dukes.
- Walk on the Power Center's cardiovascular equipment or walking track on level 3M.
- Map out walking routes on campus or explore all of Pittsburgh.
- Track steps you take after work, on vacation, and with your family and friends.
Link in to Learn More
Campus Steps (Estimated)