Policies and Procedures
- Only Duquesne University faculty, staff, and students may use the recreation facilities. Use of all facilities is at your own risk. The university and its employees are not responsible for personal injuries.
- For entry to facilities and events, members must have a current DU ID card. Everyone entering the recreation center must swipe their ID card.
- In the event of a serious emergency, the recreation staff will direct patrons to a safe area. For your safety, and the safety of others, please follow all instructions given by the staff.
- You must present a valid Duquesne University ID to check out equipment. Users are responsible for equipment checked out in their name. Fees will be charged for late, lost and/or damaged equipment.
- Appropriate athletic attire is required. Closed-toed athletic shoes are required. T-SHIRTS MUST BE WORN AT ALL TIMES.
- Water in a clear plastic container with a lid is allowed throughout the indoor facilities. Other food and beverages are restricted to the 2nd floor Lounge Area.
- Please secure all items in a locker. Lockers are available for daily use only. Personal locks may be used on a daily basis, but they must be removed from lockers before the recreation center closes.
- Lost items will be kept for 30 days; items that remain unclaimed will be donated to charity.
- The Recreation Department reserves the right to escort anyone whose behavior is unruly or illegal in nature. Facility usage privileges will be revoked and the individual(s) will be escorted from the facility.
Fitness Room Policies
- Appropriate athletic attire is required. T-SHIRTS MUST BE WORN AT ALL TIMES.
- Closed-toed athletic shoes are required.
- Please wipe down equipment after each use.
- Please do not drop weight plates, dumbbells, or barbells at any time.
- Patrons must not wear any weight belts while using selectorized equipment.
- Benches should not be moved from the room in which they originated.
- To avoid congestion and waiting lines, patrons should allow others to “work in” while using weight equipment. Please be courteous and considerate of others while using all equipment.
- Please limit cardiovascular equipment use to 30 minutes when others are waiting.
- Please bring your own towel.
- Outside personal trainers are not allowed to train in the Power Recreation Center facilities.
Basketball Court Policy
- Appropriate attire is required. T-SHIRTS MUST BE WORN AT ALL TIMES.
- NO HANGING ON THE RIMS.
- No spitting.
- No horseplay.
- No inappropriate use of court equipment.
- No cursing or use of foul language.
- Please be courteous of other patrons in the court area.
- Please return all signed out court equipment to the appropriate staff members.
Reserving Recreation Facilities
You must complete a Reservation Form at least 10 calendar days in advance for the following location and submit it to Patty Wolbert, 207 Power Center, email to email@example.com or fax to 412.396.4860. If you should have any questions, please call Patty at x3502. Thank you.
Special hours may apply during athletic events, school holidays and summer school.
- Wellness Resource Center
- Multipurpose Studios
- 3rd Floor Court
- 4th Floor Court
- Basketball/Street Hockey Court - Located in front of Vickroy Hall.
- McCloskey Field