Respect for Self
- Be proud of the person you see in the mirror
- Take care of your body, mind and spirit
Respect for Others
- Be considerate of others (e.g., don't gossip, stand up for someone who is hurt or being harmed)
- Follow the Golden and Platinum rules (treat others how you want to be treated)
- Appreciate differences
- Help those in need
Respect for Community
- Be a good neighbor, both on and off campus
- Participate in service opportunities in your community
Throughout the academic year, Student Life departments will sponsor programs and activities that focus on respect. Student organizations will be encouraged to incorporate the theme of respect into all of their programs and activities, including marketing materials (brochures, posters, flyers, etc.) and memorabilia.Watch for contests and a variety of programs, and join the conversation on Twitter at #DURESPECT.
Learn more about the Student Organization Video Contest.