"Service to others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth." ~ Muhhamad Ali, American Sports icon
Every Greek chapter has a philanthropic event such as the
* 5K run/walk that benefits the DePaul School for Hearing and Speech
* A soccer tournament that benefits the American Heart Foundation
* A "White Rose Ball" that benefits the American Gold-Star Mothers Association
Greek Week, in Spring Semester, includes a series of weeklong competitions among the chapters, and concludes with the traditional Greek Sing. Greek Week has raised thousands of dollars to help charitable groups including a mission school in Ghana and several local foodbanks.
Duquesne Greek students:
* Serve as academic tutors and literacy coaches at community centers
* Participate in several neighborhood clean-up initiatives
* Organize blood and food drives each semester
It is our belief that when when we help the underprivileged and needy, we gain understanding and compassion for those who are less fortunate than ourselves.