Student Government Association
About the SGA
As the official governing body that represents the students of Duquesne University, the Student Government Association (SGA) acts as the liaison between students and the university. Its members meet regularly with university administration and other university committees to keep them informed about student concerns and opinions.
In addition to being the single, representative voice of the students, the SGA also offers its students a wide variety of services and opportunities.
Some of the SGA's services include:
- Having representatives from each of the Academic Schools represent their constituents' needs and concern in the Senate
- Providing organizations with conference funding
- Granting access to the Student Organization Resource Center (SORC)
- Planning Homecoming
- Hosting Night of Lights
- Funding the Loop Bus - 2 busses that travel to either 1) Oakland and the Waterfront or 2) South Side on Friday and Saturday Nights
- Assist in students filing academic grievances
- Having your concern brought to the attention of administration
- Host Tea Hours with top university administration
- Maintaining a collaborative and active membership with the Pittsburgh Student Government Council (PSGC), which is a collection of Pittsburgh Universities that united to help further the voice of students in Pittsburgh
- Accessibility to all students who have new ideas they would like to try to see happen at Duquesne
- Lobby for student rights, issues, and opinions to the city and state
The Student Government Association is the perfect organization in which to get involved! There are many opportunities to take on a wide variety of leadership roles, each with different amounts of time commitment. Even if you are not interested in assuming a leadership role, participating in the SGA will keep you up-to-date on what other student organizations are doing, what decisions and topics are affecting Duquesne students, and all the new initiatives happening on campus and in the surrounding community.
Interested in joining the SGA?
Joining the Student Government Association is really easy! It is just a matter of you showing up and expressing interest.
Check out our Calendar to see when our Senate Meeting and Committee Meetings are. If you ever have any questions, feel free to email our account at email@example.com, call at 412.396.6617, or stop by our office in 302 Student Union.
Need to get a hold of us?
If you need to contact us about something, here is how you can reach us! Let us know how we can serve you!
Office: 302 Student Union