Freshman Advisement Summer Transition (FAST)
We hope you are enjoying the rest of your school year and preparing to join us on the Bluff in a few short months! FAST is an optional four day program to help you transition to your time as a student here at Duquesne. Each school has two days to pick from.
Please feel free to contact us with any remaining questions or concerns you may have.
**When registering for FAST use Firefox, Internet Explorer. Google Chrome is not working properly**
If you would like to reserve a room on campus for $10 per person, per night and an additional $10 per person if linens are needed, please contact Janice Platz at 412.396.4211. (space is based on first come, first serve due to limited rooms available).
Upcoming FAST Dates:
July 7 or 9: Biomedical Engineering, Business, Education, Health Sciences, and Natural & Environmental Sciences
July 8 or 10: Liberal Arts, Music, Nursing, and Pharmacy
The FAST Program Can Help:
- Meet your academic advisor.
- Learn about health services, financial aid, tuition deferment, safety, security and student activities.
- Get your student ID.
- Set up your student bank account.
- Order or purchase books and computer.
- Connect with future classmates.
- Take language placement exams (required for Liberal Arts & International Business majors).
Still need to complete your Direct Stafford Loan application? Want to waive the student health insurance charge? Parents need a copy of your student's eBill?
Stop by to the Gumberg Library from 12 noon for 4 pm to:
- For Parents -- obtain access to student's eBill
- Confirm student's health insurance coverage (to avoid being billed)
- Complete your Federal Student Loan application
- Complete your Work-Study employment application
- For Parents -- apply for the Parent Loan of Undergraduate Students (PLUS)
Have questions about your course schedule, enrollment verification or the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)?
When arriving on campus for the FAST Program, please park in the Forbes Garage on Forbes Avenue. Parking for the day will be free; please visit the Parking Office table during Check In and Registration between 8:00 - 9:20 a.m. in the Union Ballroom to receive your validation parking ticket.
For any question regarding the FAST program please contact the Freshman Development Office by phone at 412.396.6657.
Additional Important Dates:
August 18: Freshman Move In
August 19-23: New Student Orientation
October 23-25: Family Weekend