Freshmen and sophomores attending Duquesne University of the Holy Spirit are required to live on campus or with their parents or guardians. As such, compliance is a condition of a student’s enrollment to Duquesne University. Exceptions to the campus residency policy may be granted to students under certain conditions. The eight conditions that can exempt are:
- Completion of four semesters of full-time academic work;
- Residing with parents or legal guardians;
- Enrollment as a part-time student;
- Students who are married;
- Students with one or more dependent children in their custody;
- Students who are military veterans who completed at least two years of full-time, active military service;
- Students over the age of 21;
- Students with physical or psychological circumstances, such that the University cannot provide appropriate housing.
The Campus Residency Waiver Form must be completed and approved by the Assistant Director of Residence Life for any student who is requesting to be exempt from this policy. This form is available in the Office of Residence Life, Assumption Hall or can be found online at www.duq.edu/residence-life. In order to be considered, the waiver request must be submitted to the Office of Residence Life with a completed Campus Residency Waiver Notarization Form.