Duquesne ISO Week Celebrates International Cultures, Traditions and Cuisine
Duquesne University will celebrate the cultures and traditions of its international students from Monday, March 19, to Thursday, March 22 during its annual ISO (International Students Organization) Week.
Events for the week include:
- Holi-A Night of Colors, Monday, March 19, from 5:30-9 p.m., Union Ballroom Duquesne's Indian Students Association celebrates the Indian festival of Holi. Event will feature a Bollywood dance, henna tattoos and native cuisine.
- Fiesta Latina, Tuesday, March 20, from 4:30-7 p.m., Union Ballroom Presented by the Latin American Students Association and One Branch to Stand On, this fiesta will include authentic Latin American food, fair-trade coffee tasting, music and crafts. Proceeds to benefit the Spiritan Camp for children in the Dominican Republic.
- Showcase Afrique, Wednesday, March 21, 6-9 p.m., Africa Room, Duquesne Union Hosted by the Union of African Students, this event will include an informative dinner with authentic dishes and African inspired performances.
- Tamburitzans performance, March 21, 9 p.m., Union Ballroom The longest-running multicultural song and dance company in the country, the Duquesne University Tamburitzans' performance will showcase the dances of Eastern Europe and folk culture through music, songs and dance.
- ISO Night, Thursday, March 22, 5:30-9 p.m., Union Ballroom Hosted by the International Students Organization, this is one of the largest events on Duquesne's campus and features different cultures from around the world through food and performances as well as a fashion show highlighting traditional clothing from each continent.
ISO Week is co-sponsored by the University's Offices of International Programs and Multicultural Affairs, and the Duquesne Program Council.
Founded in 1878, Duquesne is consistently ranked among the nation's top Catholic universities for its award-winning faculty and tradition of academic excellence. Duquesne, a campus of nearly 9,500 graduate and undergraduate students, has been nationally recognized for its academic programs, community service and commitment to sustainability. Follow Duquesne University on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.