Law School Recognized by ‘preLaw’ Magazine for Commitment to Public Service
The Duquesne University School of Law has been included in a list of 96 law schools that preLaw magazine has recognized for their commitment to public service.
Compiled as the 96 Best Public Interest Law Schools, the list ranks the schools by the grades of A+ to B-. Duquesne's law school received a B.
Law schools were included in the rankings if they met three criteria:
- having one or more public interest clinics
- having one or more faculty committees/administrators that oversee public interest
- having a loan repayment assistance program.
According to preLaw magazine, the rankings "weight" schools in three categories:
- curriculum, which includes courses and clinical opportunities
- cost of legal education
- placement (percentage of graduates who work in public service).
The School of Law is commemorating its 100th anniversary in 2011.