New Coalition Lets Green Energy Buyers Choose Pennsylvania Wind
Wind Industry, Environmental Leaders and Policymakers to Discuss Launch
Wind energy industry leaders, environmental advocates and policymakers, including:
- Stephen Schillo, vice president for management and business, Duquesne University
- Rich Fitzgerald, Allegheny County executive
- John Hanger, special counsel, Eckert Seamans Cherin Mellott LLC
- Audrey Russo, president and CEO, Pittsburgh Technology Council
- Bob White, vice president, AES
- Katie Bellezza, marketing manager, EverPower.
WHAT: Press conference to announce the launch of ChoosePAWind and www.choosepawind.com, which touts the economic and environmental benefits of wind power for Pennsylvania.
WHERE: Duquesne University, Power Center Ball Room, Forbes Avenue and Chatham Square, Pittsburgh
WHEN: Thursday, Feb. 2, at 11 a.m.
Founded in 1878, Duquesne is consistently ranked among the nation's top Catholic research universities for its award-winning faculty and tradition of academic excellence. The University is nationally ranked by U.S. News and World Report and the Princeton Review for its rich academic programs in nine schools of study for nearly 10,000 graduate and undergraduate students, and by the Washington Monthly for service and contributing to students' social mobility. Duquesne is a member of the U.S. President's Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll with Distinction for its contributions to Pittsburgh and communities around the globe. The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency and the Princeton Review's Guide to Green Colleges acknowledge Duquesne's commitment to sustainability.