GSRS Rules & Regulations
- Must be a current Duquesne University graduate student (Masters or Doctoral, full or part-time).
- All disciplines are welcome and encouraged to participate.
- Students may submit research or scholarship work initiated during their academic work at Duquesne, but not yet published or presented in their professional arena.
- Participants must be present the day of the symposium.
- All abstracts must be submitted by October 1st via the online submission form.
- Abstracts must be 300 words or less
- A selection committee will review all proposals.
- Please note: Our submission form will accept only one abstract per user.
- Because our submission form accepts only one abstract per user, projects with multiple authors should choose one person from the group to submit on the group's behalf. This person will then act as the "group leader," forwarding all information to his or her co-authors.
- Abstracts for poster presentations must be submitted no later than October 1st.
- Posters should be no larger than 36" by 48".
- Posters should contain a prominent title, name the authors, & effectively convey the findings of your research or scholarship.
- Participants may either elect to use a corkboard or a table for poster display. If your project is going to be 3D (such as a tri-fold or containing props, a computer, etc), we suggest the use of a table. If your poster is going to be flat, we suggest that you use a corkboard.
- Notification for acceptance into the GSRS poster session will be given by email by October 10th.
- Abstracts for oral presentations must be submitted no later than October 1st.
- Presentations will be limited to 15 minutes.
- PowerPoint will be available for those who are interested.
- Students who are not selected to orally present may have the opportunity to participate in a poster session.
- Notification of selection of GSRS oral presenters will be given via email by October 10th.
- If selected to present, a completed paper of no more than 3500 words must be submitted via email by October 20th.
- Awards will be presented to a select number of students who show outstanding research and scholarship.
- Submissions for each presenter will be printed in a University sponsored publication, to be distributed at the event and available through the University for the following year.