Support Staff Openings - Full Time
If you are interested in one of the jobs posted below, find out more about how to apply.
Currently Accepting Resumes
- Computer Support Specialist II - CTS (31-09)
No Longer Accepting Resumes
- Events AV Technician - University Events (30-84) - Application period closed
- Office Assistant III - School of Education (30-88) - Application period closed
- Police Communications Operator - Public Safety (43-02) - Application period closed
- Library Assistant III - Gumberg Library (30-86) - Application period closed
- Office Assistant II - Residence Life (30-85) - Position closed
- Administrative Assistant/Event and Communications Coordinator - Offer pending
COMPUTER SUPPORT SPECIALIST II
Salary: $15.00 - $17.57/hour
Location: Computing & Technology Services
Position Status: Full-time (40 hr/wk)
Position Number: 31-09
Open Date: August 22, 2014
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Notes: Accepting Resumes
Send Resume To: Careers@duq.edu
NATURE OF WORK:
This is specialized work in the area of support and service for the University's academic and administrative computing needs. The scope of this position requires knowledge of personal computers, software and laser jet printers and other peripheral devices. Regular duties for the Computer Technician include, but are not limited to, the support and service of laser jet printers, computer hardware, and computer software for staff, faculty and students.
ILLUSTRATIVE EXAMPLES OF WORK:
- Provides support, service and preventative maintenance for university owned laser jet printers.
- Provides support and service for privately owned computer hardware and software.
- Coordinates with external vendors for hardware and software service.
- Configures and installs standard campus software.
- Configures and installs network printers.
- Removes and properly disposes of old equipment.
- Maintains facility and equipment inventory.
- Regularly checks with the CTS workflow management system (Footprints) to obtain new assignments, update in-progress assignments, and close completed assignments.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
REQUIREMENTS OF WORK:
The successful candidate will have earned a two-year technical degree (or its equivalent) in electronics or a related field from an accredited institution and have at least two years of experience in a service position, or any equivalent combination of experience and training, which provides the knowledge, skills and abilities required to perform the essential job functions. This includes, but is not limited to, the following: significant knowledge configuring and supporting Microsoft and Apple operating systems; significant knowledge diagnosing and repairing virus; ability to be service-minded and self-motivated; ability to correctly diagnose technical problems and communicate them to a non-technical customer; ability to work well in teams, including those which cross organizational boundaries; ability to work in a highly collaborative environment; ability to maintain an A+ Computer Hardware Certification; ability to maintain certification in Dell, Apple, HP LaserJet, and Dell laser printers, and other supported hardware products; ability to work a flexible, on-call schedule as necessary; excellent organization and communication skills; sensitivity to the need of each individual to be treated with dignity and respect as it relates to diversity in general and the Mission of the University specifically; and the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with the University Community. Applicants must also be willing to contribute actively to the University Mission and to respect the Spiritan Catholic identity of Duquesne University. The Mission is implemented through a commitment to academic excellence, a spirit of service, moral and spiritual values, sensitivity to world concerns, and an ecumenical campus community.