Employment Opportunities – No Work Study Award Required
Jobs may be available with the following organizations and departments on campus. Work study awards are not required for these positions. Please note the specific application instructions for each area.
The Career Services office posts openings from Pittsburgh companies and organizations who are looking for students for part-time internships and jobs.
To learn about job opportunities:
- Visit DuqCareerLink
- Visit Career Services for individual consultations and advice in Rockwell Hall Commons, Suite 100.
- Call 412.396.6644 with questions
Offers food service and hospitality positions in:
- Towers Cafeteria
- Options Café
- The Incline
- Short Stop
- Take 10
- Red Ring
Stop by the Duquesne Dining office in 318 Student Union for an application.
Offers part-time retail positions.
Stop by the bookstore to pick up an application. To apply call 412.434.6626
On Campus No Work-Study Required Positions
Position: Tutor (2017-2018 Academic Year)
Requirements: Applicants are assessed for interpersonal skills, trainability, course content knowledge, and ability to commit to the training program. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis throughout the year. It is a requirement that you have no less than an A or A- in any course you wish to tutor.
Description:Tutors provide individual and small group tutoring sessions in subjects the tutor has attained a grade of A- or better. The purpose of tutoring is to assist student athletes in developing appropriate learning attitudes, behaviors, and understanding of content material. The tutor position is a paid position and ranges for students and non-students. This will be discussed during the interview if your application is selected.
Areas in need of tutors:
Business: Financial and Accounting
Math- Calculus, Advanced Math Courses
Sciences- Biology, Chemistry, Physics
- Participate in the required tutor preparation workshop and training for certification
- Work with student athletes to create tutor session appointments based on need and want
- Complete all tutor verification forms after each session
- Turn in all timesheets bi-weekly
- Meet with tutor coordinator periodically as check-in for both tutor and tutees
- Adhere to NCAA/Duquesne University Ethical and Academic Integrity Standards
How to Apply: Candidates should email cover letters and resumes to Vanessa Webb to email@example.com. After applications are received and reviewed, interviews will be scheduled. The interview will assess interpersonal skills; discuss academic and expectations of the role of tutor for the Athletic Department.