Employment Opportunities – No Work Study Award Required
Jobs may be available with the following organizations and departments on campus. Work study awards are not required for these positions. Please note the specific application instructions for each area.
The Career Services office posts openings from Pittsburgh companies and organizations who are looking for students for part-time internships and jobs.
To learn about job opportunities:
- Visit DuqCareerLink
- Visit Career Services for individual consultations and advice in Rockwell Hall Commons, Suite 100.
- Call 412.396.6644 with questions
Offers food service and hospitality positions in:
- Towers Cafeteria
- Options Café
- The Incline
- Short Stop
- Take 10
- Red Ring
Stop by the Duquesne Dining office in 318 Student Union for an application.
Offers part-time retail positions.
Stop by the bookstore to pick up an application. To apply call 412.434.6626
On Campus No Work-Study Required Positions
Position: Student Accounting Analyst
Department: Controller's Office
Requirements: Work-Study Award is preferred. Full-time student status (graduate or under-graduate); Sophomore and Upper classman status in Accounting, Finance, or other related Business majors preferred. Student Accounting Analysts will have the opportunity to work 11 hours per week during the Academic year. Any deviation to the schedule must be discussed with your supervisor in advance. Must have knowledge of GAAP. Proficiency using Microsoft Office Suite and other related software is essential. High standards of professionalism, integrity, and ethical conduct are expected, as well as adherence to the University Mission Statement.
Assist the Property Accounting Department:
• Contact other departments so as to locate, tag, and photograph new assets
• Organize and analyze capital project reports
• Participate in physical inventory counts
• Complete monthly bond activity analysis and journal entries
• Update principal & interest spreadsheet and complete monthly interest accrual entry
• Run daily Banner reports and update spreadsheets regarding fixed assets
• Complete monthly journal entries for deferred revenue, bond amortization & accretion expense
• Generate Cognos reports
• Complete special projects
• Formulate variance analyses
• Assist with multiple scanning projects in accordance with our record retention policy
• Prepare schedules for year-end statements/audit
• Perform other clerical tasks
How to Apply: All interested students should submit a cover letter and resume to Kathleen Karner at email@example.com.