Employment Opportunities – No Work Study Award Required
Jobs may be available with the following organizations and departments on campus. Work study awards are not required for these positions. Please note the specific application instructions for each area.
The Career Services office posts openings from Pittsburgh companies and organizations who are looking for students for part-time internships and jobs.
To learn about job opportunities:
- Visit DuqCareerLink
- Visit Career Services for individual consultations and advice in Rockwell Hall Commons, Suite 100.
- Call 412.396.6644 with questions
Offers food service and hospitality positions in:
- Towers Cafeteria
- Options Café
- Short Stop
- Take 10
- Red Ring
Stop by the Duquesne Dining office in 318 Student Union for an application.
Offers part-time retail positions.
Stop by the bookstore to pick up an application. To apply call 412.434.6626
On Campus No Work Study Required Positions
POSITION: Annual Giving Student Fundraiser
DEPARTMENT: Alumni Relations & Annual Giving
REQUIREMENTS: The position is 10 hours/week during the school year and 15 hours/week in the summer. Must be enrolled as student at Duquesne University. Evening and weekend work will be required, but also some daylight hours will be necessary.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: Outstanding written and verbal skills are required. Experience in marketing or sales preferred.
The student fundraisers will report to the Director of Annual Giving in the Office of Alumni Relations and Annual Giving. The students will be an integral part of the alumni engagement and fundraising operation and actively solicit and steward alumni, parents and friends of the University. Specific duties will include:
• Phone solicitation and stewardship of annual donors (calling those alumni who typically give via phone to renew their annual gifts, thanking special groups of alumni, etc.)
• Record updating through phone, email and mail communication with alumni
• Written communication regarding gifts made by phone
• Processing of gifts solicited by phone
• Working with the Director of Annual Giving on student education/philanthropy initiatives
• Complete research on peer and aspirant schools fundraising for special channels of alumni (as needed by the Director of Annual Giving)
• Solicitation Calls to leads following Dean/President's events, as directed by Development Officers
• Class and Greek Reunion Class Calls to generate interest in the reunion
• Thank you notes to donors
This position is approved for academic credit, if desired.
HOW TO APPLY: Interested candidates should email letter of interest, resume to Cheryl Karashin at email@example.com.