Employment Opportunities – No Work Study Award Required
Jobs may be available with the following organizations and departments on campus. Work study awards are not required for these positions. Please note the specific application instructions for each area.
The Career Services office posts openings from Pittsburgh companies and organizations who are looking for students for part-time internships and jobs.
To learn about job opportunities:
- Visit DuqConnection
- Visit Career Services for individual consultations and advice in G-1 Rockwell Hall
- Call 412.396.6644 with questions
Offers food service and hospitality positions in:
- Towers Cafeteria
- Options Café
- Short Stop
- Take 10
- Red Ring
Stop by the Duquesne Dining office in 318 Student Union for an application.
Offers part-time retail positions.
Stop by the bookstore to pick up an application. To apply call 412.434.6626
On Campus No Work Study Required Positions
POSITION: Project Assistant for Center for Green Industries and Sustainable Business Growth-- Part-Time
DEPARTMENT: Center for Green Industries and Sustainable Business Growth
HOURS PER WEEK: 15-20 hours/week including summer which could add more hours
Open to both Undergraduate and Graduate Students
REPORTS TO: Center for Green Industries and Sustainable Business Growth
POSITION DESCRIPTION: The Project Assistant will be responsible for the development of programs and projects for the Center for Green Industries and Sustainable Business Growth and the marketing of those initiatives. The Center offers no-cost confidential consulting services for small businesses within the sustainable business sectors and to traditional businesses seeking to increase sustainability in their operations while increasing profitability. Training workshops and seminars are offered regularly.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES: This 15 to 20 hour per week part time position is responsible for:
1. Providing primary and secondary industry and client research through the use of current technologies available through Internet, business databases, and other systems; reviewing sources of information including those found in libraries, trade associations, government and economic entities; and through phone interviews;
2. Recruiting clients through marketing of the programs through design of flyers, phone campaigns, etc; social media campaign and keeping website information updated
3. Assisting with writing reports to funding agencies
4. Coordinating with other university departments working on the project
5. Other duties may include regular office duties such as copy work, word processing, running errands on or off campus, seminar mailings, or other projects as requested
JOB REQUIRED SKILLS:
Facility with Microsoft Office and multi-media tools.
QPA of 3.0 or above; excellent spoken and written communication and telephone skills; familiarity with business sources and research methodologies.
Candidate must be a highly motivated self-starter, energetic, able to do work under pressure and prioritize work and be able to perform work under minimal supervision and meet deadlines.
Familiarity with web content management, video production (filming and editing) preferred
HOW TO APPLY: Please send resume to email@example.com. Questions can be sent by email or 412-396-5707.