Employment Opportunities – No Work Study Award Required
Jobs may be available with the following organizations and departments on campus. Work study awards are not required for these positions. Please note the specific application instructions for each area.
The Career Services office posts openings from Pittsburgh companies and organizations who are looking for students for part-time internships and jobs.
To learn about job opportunities:
- Visit DuqCareerLink
- Visit Career Services for individual consultations and advice in Rockwell Hall Commons, Suite 100.
- Call 412.396.6644 with questions
Offers food service and hospitality positions in:
- Towers Cafeteria
- Options Café
- Short Stop
- Take 10
- Red Ring
Stop by the Duquesne Dining office in 318 Student Union for an application.
Offers part-time retail positions.
Stop by the bookstore to pick up an application. To apply call 412.434.6626
On Campus No Work Study Required Positions
POSITION: Student Aide - Office Assistant
DEPARTMENT: Instruction and Leadership in Education
REQUIREMENTS: The position is 11 hours/week and will begin on January 4, 2016.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: The ideal applicant will be able to conduct themselves in a professional manner as a representative of the department and must have fundamental knowledge of the operation of PCs, MacBook's, iPad's, laptops, computers, cameras, and networks. The applicant should also know the general procedure to download and upgrade software. Applicants must be able to take and follow direction and work independently with minimal supervision.
DESCRIPTION: The student aide will work to support the efforts of the Department of Instruction and Leadership in Education. This position will include both clerical and technical tasks.
Specific duties include:
• General office/clerical duties (answering phones, filing documents, sorting mail, running errands, office organization, assisting Staff and Faculty on special projects as needed)
• Troubleshooting routine technical problems
• Overseeing routine appearance maintenance of IT Computer Lab (Fisher Hall)
• Assisting with the department equipment loaner program (laptops, cameras, iPads, etc.)
• Assist with tracking inventory of all equipment and department supplies
• Create and display bulletin boards in the 414 hallway in Canevin Hall and IT area in Fisher Hall.
HOW TO APPLY: Candidates should send letter of interest, resume and one letter of recommendation to Kristy Mullen at firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, November 20, 2015.
POSITION: Educational Programs Intern (Spring Semester 2016)
DEPARTMENT: Career Services Center
REQUIREMENTS: We require that intern meets his or her project deadlines as agreed upon by supervisor. The internship is ten (10) to fifteen (15) hours per week.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: Junior, Senior, or Graduate Student, currently enrolled in a major in the departments of Education, Journalism, Communications, or English at Duquesne University. Strong verbal communication skills including one-on-one advising and presentation experience. Experience planning and coordinating events. Strong writing and editing skills. Demonstrated skill in use of spreadsheet and database software programs including Excel. Excellent customer service skills. Experience managing multiple projects and deadlines.
• Provide support for coordination of Career Services' educational programs, events, and outreach including event logistics, staffing and data entry.
• Assist Career Counselors with the review and approval of student resumes uploaded to DuqCareerLink.
• Serve as a member of the Career Services' Educational Programs Team and provide support to implementation of the team's goals.
• Write text for student communication pieces including electronic newsletters and email messages.
• Assist with updating content for the Career Services' web site and social media sites.
• Present career-related topics to student organizations as requested.
• Provide one-on-one resume reviews for students during daily wak-in advising hours.
• Assist with data collection and reporting including online surveys and focus groups.
• Provide coverage for front desk customer service area as needed.
• Other duties as assigned.
HOW TO APPLY: Please submit letter of interest, resume, and references to email@example.com.