Your Dollars at Work
See Your Impact. Literally.
When you support United Way's work in the community by giving to the Impact Fund, it makes a big difference in the lives of people who need it most, like students working hard to succeed in school. United Way of Allegheny County invests your contribution in strong, well-managed programs that employ innovative collaborations among agencies, organizations and individuals to achieve the maximum impract for your charitable dollars. Wondering how your donation benefits others? Below are examples of your impact.
$2 per pay
- provides over two hours of in-home support (personal care and homemaking) to help a frail senior live independently at home
- provides the supplies needed for one week of programming at a Be a Middle School Mentor site--supporting approximately 40 middle school mentees and mentors
$4 per pay
- gives two children from low-income families the opportunity to participate for one week in an enriching afterschool program
$6 per pay
- provides three meals a day for a family of five deplaced by disaster such as fire or flood, to sustain them in rough times
$8 per pay
- supports free tax preparation to five low income workers so that they can receive the tax refund that they have earned
$10 per pay
- support five hours of job coaching for a young person with a disability who has his or her first job
* based on 26 pay periods