I think you will enjoy this community, founded in 1878 by the priests and brothers of the Congregation of the Holy Ghost, the Spiritans. Our more than century-old tradition is providing a unique liberal and professional education with an emphasis on moral values, a dedication to quality teaching and a commitment to service.
Duquesne University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, marital status, or disability. However, as an institution operated in affiliation with the Roman Catholic Church in the United States, Duquesne University reserves the right to specify as a qualification for employment the ability and willingness to support the values of Roman Catholicism as set forth in the University's Mission Statement.
Applicants must be willing to contribute actively to the mission and to respect the Spiritan Catholic identity of Duquesne University. The mission is implemented through a commitment to academic excellence, a spirit of service, moral and spiritual values, sensitivity to world concerns, and an ecumenical campus community.
Human Resources pursues its mission by providing ideas, programs, services, and information that meet or exceed the needs of its customers in the areas of recruiting, employment, employee benefits, training and development, student employment, wellness, employee and labor relations, compliance with University policies and guidelines, as well as legal compliance with local, state, and federal guidelines.
Desired Service Outcomes:
- Qualified applicants for positions/retention of current qualified employees
- Increased diversity in employment
- Greater community outreach
- Effective compensation program that provides competitive salaries/benefits
- Opportunities for staff development
- Accurate, effective, timely communication and cooperative interaction with customers, vendors, government representatives, general public and others.
- Customer satisfaction measured by surveys and other feedback
- Reports, surveys, benchmark results, task analysis, task tracking
- Timeliness and accuracy of general processing and information provided
If you are unable to locate any information, please contact us via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 412.396.6575.
Mary Ellen Baney
Director, Office of Human Resource Management