Department of English and Theater Arts
The Department of English is committed to developing the skills, the knowledge, and the conscience of the next generation of leaders, who will shape the world that they inherit.
English at Duquesne Features...
- A blend of traditional and contemporary approaches to literature
- A distinguished and award-winning Faculty
- A state-of-the-art Writing Center
- Degree programs for Undergraduates (B.A.) and Graduates (M.A. and Ph.D.)
- A major and minor program in Theater Arts
- Numerous student opportunities to study abroad, take off-site classes, get involved with on-campus publications, and more!
- A minor in creative writing, an English major with a writing concentration, and creative writing opportunities
- A number of creative writing courses which fill departmental theme areas
English as a Second Language
If you are interested in learning English as a Second Language, please visit the ESL Department website.