Duquesne University offers its employees the chance to actively participate in an extensive wellness program to help them stay healthy and fit.
Wellness in Motion includes physical fitness, emotional, spiritual, even financial wellness.
Medication Therapy Management
Full-time Duquesne employees with chronic health conditions such as high cholesterol, heart disease and diabetes can learn how to take their medications correctly and manage their symptoms, helping them stay healthier. Sponsored by the Center for Pharmacy Care.
As a participant in this program, you will receive:
- An initial health assessment
- Comprehensive review of all your medications
- A personalized medication treatment plan
- Education and training to enhance your understanding of medication use
- Coordination of the medication therapy management services with your other health care providers to ensure your best outcomes
- Employees enrolled in the University's CVS Caremark prescription plan will have a $0 copayment for select medications for the following prescriptions: cholesterol, depression, chronic pain management, hypertension, diabetes, and asthma.
To schedule an intitial confidential, free medication assessment, contact The Center for Pharmacy Care at 412.396.2155.
Work out, lose weight, and gain energy through exercise at the Power Center. Sponsored by the fitness program of the Recreation Department.
Classes, lectures and services will help you learn more about how to eat right, prevent disease, begin an exercise program, and stay well mentally, financially and spiritually.