Joint MBA/Law Degree
School of Law/John F. Donahue Graduate School of Business
A student may earn both the Juris Doctor and an MBA in four years rather than the usual five. Part-Time Day and Evening students may also benefit from these programs.
Candidates may begin their study in either the School of Business or in the School of Law.
- The first year of study in the School of Law is taken solely in the School of Law.
- The remainder of the programs may be taken jointly in both schools.
- Candidates must begin their study in the School of Law prior to substantially completing the requirements for the master’s degree.
Specific course requirements and limitations may be obtained from either Admissions Office.
- 15 credit hours of course work permitted per semester
- 3 credit hours may be permitted for a Law School clinical course
- Students are required to provide the Law School Registrar with a copy of their MBA elective course schedule
Candidates for this program only need to submit one application directly to the School of Law. Both Admissions Offices will review the application submitted to the School of Law. Candidates must check the "JD-MBA" box on the admissions application and take both the GMAT and the LSAT for consideration. Upon admission, applicants are expected to consult with the Program Director in each school to plan their programs.
JD Application Instructions are available on our Application Process page.
MBA information is available at the School of Business Admissions pages.