Duquesne University Student Nurses' Association (DUSNA)
DUSNA is a professional organization which fosters the professional development of nursing students and facilitates entrance into the profession by providing educational resources, leadership opportunities, and career guidance. Our organization strives to keep abreast of the current healthcare issues and concerns, legislation and other prudent issues at a preprofessional stage by speaking out and attending various conventions and bi-annual legislative programs. Most importantly, each and every nursing student of DUSNA grows as a whole person by their individual dedication and collaboration in striving to make a difference.
Members are encouraged to participate in local chapter meetings, advocacy initiatives, and community service projects. As a DUSNA member, students also enjoy membership in the Student Nurses’ Association of Pennsylvania (SNAP) and the National Student Nurses’ Association (NSNA) and are provided opportunities to engage at both the state and national level.
All nursing students are invited and strongly encouraged to join DUSNA!!
Top Ten Reasons to Join DUSNA
- Become involved in a professional student-run nursing organization.
- Become friends with other classmates and upperclassmen, plus get the inside scoop on professors, clinicals, and classes.
- Participate in community service and social events, fundraisers, and state/national conventions.
- Learn how state and national student organizations work.
- Hear interesting speakers talk about professional opportunities for graduate nurses.
- Assume leadership positions at the local, state and national levels.
- Gain opportunities to receive SNAP and NSNA scholarships and recognition.
- Enhance your resume’ through membership in a professional nursing organization.
- Be mentored by upperclass students and become a mentor to upcoming students.
- Be recognized as a student leader in the School of Nursing.
If you have questions, email the board at: duquesneDUSNA@hotmail.com