Requirements for First-time Freshmen:
Complete the appropriate online application for Undergraduate Admission.
$50 application fee (waived if we receive your application before December 15.)
- Applicants must submit all official high school transcripts and college transcripts, if applicable.
- Transcripts marked “Issued to Student” are not official.
- All high school students should request that their current senior year grades and coursework be included on their official transcripts.
Submit ALL official SAT and/or ACT scores.
Scores can be sent via
- College Board
- Mail or fax
- Official High School Transcript
Tests or scores not accepted or required by Duquesne University Admissions office:
- TOEFL Exam
- SAT Subject Tests
- SAT Writing section - We, like the majority of private institutions, do not use the Writing SAT score for admissions decisions.
- ACT Writing Section
Liberal Arts and Business Applicants: If you do not have SAT or ACT scores, or believe your scores do not reflect your academic achievement and ability to be successful at Duquesne, you may choose to apply as a Test Optional candidate. You must have a minimum cumulative high school GPA of 3.0 within a college preparatory curriculum to be considered for admission.
One recommendation from an academic source required for Health Science (Athletic Training, Health Management Systems, Occupational Therapy, Physical Therapy, Physician Assistant Studies, and Speech-Language Pathology) applicants. Recommendations optional for applicants to other programs.
Recommendations must be completed by a teacher or counselor. You may choose one or both of the following to serve as recommendations:
- Letter of Recommendation - A standard letter from a teacher or guidance counselor
- Recommendation form - A printable PDF checklist serves as an alternative to a letter of recommendation.
Recommendations can be mailed to the Office of Admissions or emailed to email@example.com.
Personal Essay required for Health Science (Athletic Training, Health Management Systems, Occupational Therapy, Physical Therapy, Physician Assistant Studies, and Speech-Language Pathology) applicants. Essay optional for applicants to other programs.
- Please discuss the following: Tell us something unique about you, why you chose your particular major, and how you expect Duquesne University to help you achieve your academic, personal and professional goals. Please include any examples of your research, shadowing or volunteer experiences.
- Submit your essay to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your last name and birthdate with your essay submission.
- Health Science Transfer applicants: Please refer to the Health Science web site for your specific essay requirements.
Home Schooled Applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Submit a written verification from school district stating that the student has been excused from compulsory public education for home schooling.
- Submit the results of the SAT or ACT exam.
- Provide transcripts and academic curriculum.
- Completed Duquesne University Application for Undergraduate Admission.