The Center for Career Development welcomes you to Duquesne University! We're here to help you prepare for future success with:
- Career exploration: Explore careers, assess the right major for your future plans, gain experience and develop job search skills.
- Personalized career counseling: Meet with a Career Counselor who is specific to your area of study and will take a personalized approach to help you meet your unique needs.
- Career-related experiences: Job shadowing, volunteering and internships are excellent ways to gain valuable experience, learn about careers and network with professionals. We can help you find these opportunities.
- Daily Walk-In Advising: Stop by for a quick resume review or career advice in the Student Union.
DuqCareerLink - Your 24/7 Resource
DuqCareerLink is Duquesne University's exclusive online job and internship recruiting system that connects you to recruiters, programs, events and job fairs. You can search and apply for internships and career-related opportunities and will have access to features including:
- Mock Interview Module: Practice interview skills by completing a recommended mock interview or build your own.
- Document Library: Access the DuqCareerLink User Guide, sample resumes, tip sheets, salary calculator and more - all found in the library.
- Career Expos: Learn about career fairs hosted by the Center for Career Development and research employers who are attending. You may also create your top 10 list of favorite companies which will allow you to connect with those companies.
Events to support your success...
We are committed to building lasting relationships with employers right in our backyard and around the country. Professional recruiters volunteer as guest speakers, conduct mock interviews, and perform resume critiques right on campus. With their support, the Center for Career Development hosts events throughout the academic year to help you develop professional and job search skills including:
- Career Expos - Network with employers for career and internship opportunities for all majors.
- ResuMANIA: Resume reviews by professional recruiters.
- Advice and an Alum: Conversations and career advice from an alum.
- How to Work a Job Fair: Learn how to make a good first impression, the keys to a good elevator pitch and the elements of a great resume.
- Mock Interview Days: Develop professional interviewing skills with human resources professionals.
- Etiquette Dinner: Enjoy a 3-course meal while learning how to properly present yourself at a meal or networking event.
- National Institutes of Health for non-U.S. citizens
- U.S. government jobs for non-U.S. citizens
- Job and Internship web sites
The Center for Career Development is looking forward to helping you pave your way to future success!