Individuals with Disabilities
The Career Services Center is committed to partnering with students and alumni with disabilities in the career development process and in the search for internship and job opportunities.
We offer many resources to assist you, including:
- one-on-one career counseling
- career assessments
- resume and cover letter assistance
- job and internship search strategies
- interview techniques
To discuss any of the above topics, please make an appointment through Starfish to talk with your career counselor. Alumni should call 412-396-6644 for an appointment.
In addition, we partner with Bender Consulting Services, Inc. who are experts in the employment of individuals with disabilities. By becoming involved with Bender Consulting, you will learn about additional opportunities with government agencies and private sector corporations.
Watch our calendar in DuqConnection for University visits by Bender Consulting which include presentations and an information table in the Student Union.
In addition to the resources provided by Duquesne University through Special Student Services and Career Services, you may find these resources helpful:
- Disability.gov - The U.S. federal government website for information on disability programs and services nationwide, including employment.
- Federal Government Disability Employment - Navigate the job search with assistance from this site.
- Getting Hired - Provides resources, including an online job board, to assist job seekers in finding and securing meaningful profesional employment.
- Life's Work - This Western PA organization aims to provide persons with disabilities opportunity, employment, and independence.
- National Business & Disability Council - An organization committed to helping companies implement best practices in diverse employment.
- Works for Me - Provides assistance to Pennsylvania residents with disabilities to find a job and additional career support.
Additional resources you may find helpful: