In the event that academic functions are disrupted due to prolonged campus or building closures, some of your face-to-face classes may temporarily be moved online. This page features useful resources for learning and studying remotely that are available to Duquesne University students.
In preparation, make sure you test your access to the following equipment at home:
- Laptop or desktop computer
If you do not have access to this equipment at home, please consult with your professors.
On this page
- Collaborate with classmates and professors in Blackboard
- Web access to your University email
- Gumberg Library resources
- Download Microsoft Office
- Remotely access, store and back up files
- Zoom video conferencing
Collaborate with classmates and professors in Blackboard
Your professors can use Blackboard, the University's learning management system (LMS), to post assignments, class updates and discussion board topics. In the event that face-to-face classes are temporarily moved online, routinely check Blackboard for updates about your class and upcoming assignments.
Need help using Blackboard?
- Sign into Blackboard.
- Click the Blackboard Help tap located in the top right area.
- Click the Student Help tab.
Web access to your University email
Gumberg Library resources
As you transition to online learning for all your courses, please be aware of the following library services:
- Electronic resources, including books, journals and streaming video, are available at duq.edu/library.
- Research assistance, including consultations with librarians, can be scheduled through Ask Gumberg.
- Interlibrary Loan requests for electronic information (journal articles, book chapters, etc.) can be made through ILLiad. You will need to sign into ILLiad using your MultiPass username and password.
- Continuation of print Interlibrary Loan and EZ Borrow. Due to COVID-19, it may take longer to get materials because other institutions are taking ILL and EZB offline due to short staffing and closures.
Download Microsoft Office
Students can download Microsoft Office for free on up to five personal devices. Go to duq.edu/ms-office for instructions on how to install Microsoft Office on Windows and macOS devices.
Remotely access, store and back up files
You can save, upload and collaborate on files using either Box or Microsoft OneDrive cloud storage services.
- Go to duq.edu/box.
- Click Continue on the prompt asking if you are a member of Duquesne University.
- Sign in with your MultiPass username and password.
Accessing Microsoft OneDrive
- Go to duq.edu/mail.
- Sign in with your MultiPass username and password,
- Click the app launcher icon located in the top left corner.
- Select OneDrive.
Zoom video conferencing
Zoom is a video conferencing tool that allows you to collaborate with professors and classmates through audio, video or both. If connecting with a computer, participants can share and view each other's computer screens.
You can join a Zoom session using your computer, mobile device or by calling in from your phone. Visit duq.zoom.us to start using Zoom.