Zoom 5.0 Update Required
On April 27, Zoom released a new update, version 5.0, that features several security enhancements. To continue using Zoom, you must update your Zoom desktop software to version 5.0 by May 30.
NOTE: If you do not update to Zoom 5.0 by May 30, you will be unable to join or host Zoom meetings.
Update your Zoom desktop software
Before proceeding, check the current version of your Zoom desktop software. If it is below version 5.0, follow the steps below to update it.
You can update to Zoom 5.0 on your personal computer by either:
- Going to zoom.us/download and downloading Zoom Client for Meetings
- Opening your Zoom desktop software and checking for updates.
You can update to Zoom 5.0 on your University-managed computer by doing any of the following:
- Recommended: Open Software Center (Windows OS) or Self-Service (macOS, iOS) and update Zoom. You must be connected to GlobalProtect VPN to access Software Center and Self-Service.
- Go to zoom.us/download and download Zoom Client for Meetings
- Open your Zoom desktop software and check for updates.
Need more information?
Go to zoom.us/docs/en-us/zoom-v5-0.html to learn more about the security enhancements featured in Zoom 5.0 and how to update to this latest version.
If you need help with updating to Zoom 5.0, please contact the CTS Help Desk at 412.396.4357 (HELP) or email@example.com.